Vocabulary and Concepts
Questions encircling the Text
1. Where does Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz say myths encircling Native herds proceed (8)? Who creates them? Why?
2. What is one issue of a subdue narrative you enjoy scholarly encircling the United States? Who do you conceive created it and what view or inducement does it minister?
3. What is the “Vanishing Indian” (9)? How does it compel the Indian Problem?
4. What is the principal dissonance between colonialism and settler colonialism (10)? What is the principal aim of the settler aver?
5. Dunbar-Ortiz explains that genocide doesn’t frequently balance war or equal killing herd (11). What are the past “insidious” issues she provides to explain the United States’ genocidal policies opposite Indigenous herd?
6. How do settler ideas and standards of certainty annoy Indigenous herd and supply to their erasure (12)?